A survey is being conducted to learn more about the most common symptoms experienced by ET patients, and how these symptoms affect the lives of patients. This information may help improve how the patient’s experience is accounted for in clinical trials that measure the effect of treatments.
The study is being conducted by Quintiles IMS Global Services and sponsored by Incyte. QuintilesIMS is a worldwide consulting firm planning to interview patients who have been diagnosed with ET one-on-one over the phone.
If you qualify, you will be invited to participate in a 75-minute telephone discussion with one of QuintilesIMS’ healthcare researchers. You will not need to prepare anything prior to the call, and you will not be asked to purchase anything or take certain medications.
In return for your voluntary participation in the interview, your time and effort will be compensated with a $125 Visa gift card.
ET patients are being sought who fit the following criteria:
1. 18 yrs or older
2. One who has received hydroxyurea treatment or one who could not receive hydroxyurea because it was counterindicated for the patient
3. Patient has some self-related symptom burden
4. Patient is physically and mentally able to participate in a 75 minute interview in English to discuss signs, symptoms, and impacts related to ET
5. Patient is not currently participating in a research study where an investigational agent is being administered
6. Patient has no prior treatment with any oral JAK inhibitor.
To participate, please call Michael Posey from QuintilesIMS, at +1 412‐973‐3162 (Monday‐Friday, 9:00am ‐ 5:00pm EDT), or write to michael.posey@QuintilesIMS.com. Michael will ask for your consent to participate in the study, see if you qualify, then schedule your interview.